Dr. P. Vijayanand
FCARCSI, DPainMed (RCSI), MPainSci (UK)
Fellowship in Refractory Angina (UK)
Fellowship in Pain Medicine (Australia)
We have a wealth of experience at Axon. Our pain specialists have travelled far and wide, acquiring great skills and knowledge
to manage your pain. It is with humility I head this group of skilled, talented and compassionate doctors. A few of my credits worth a
- First Fellow in Pain Medicine from Warwick School of Anaesthesia, UK
- First Fellow of Indian origin at the world renowned National Refractory Angina Centre, Liverpool, UK
- First Indian to be granted permission by the Faculty of Pain Medicine in Australia to undergo advanced Interventional Pain training
- Only pain specialist in India to have passed the Diploma of the Irish Faculty of Pain Medicine
- Only pain specialist in India to have passed the Diploma of the Australian Faculty of Pain Medicine
- More than 100 presentations in Pain Medicine to date – mainly abroad but also in India
- Editor of Axon Pain Review – a quarterly publication which has a circulation of more than 10,000 copies among doctors in India and abroad
Dr. Phani Sree M.D.
Fellowship in Geriatric Medicine and Palliative Care (USA)
The disease progresses inexorably and outstrips the possibilities of cure. To be struck with cancer, or to have a loved one afflicted with
cancer pain, is one of the most distressing events imaginable. Not just cancer but any disease. You are in the thick of an ongoing war on a changing
battlefield where the only hope is of new weapons. At Axon, we provide you those new weapons to face the challenges and reduce uncertainty. Palliative
Care and Hospice Care is the specialty in which I am trained and certified. A decade of experience in the USA, while staying true to my roots means
adapting the wisdom to India, to provide quality low cost treatments. When not at work, I enjoy travelling and Bharat Natyam.
With a multi-disciplinary approach, we work closely with you to determine the pain source and the best pain treatment options to reduce it. We strive
to raise the bar and exceed yours' as well as your referring physician's expectations.
We have treated more than a 1000 patients in 2009-2010 alone. Together, we're committed to relieving your pain and improving your lives.
Dr. Madhavi Singh M.D.
You would agree that the better informed you are about the choices for managing your pain, easier becomes the decision making. I've also repeatedly
discovered how much I could learn from people suffering with pain. Some of them have expressed their reflections in such simple and wise phrases that
I would never forget. Knowledge is power! An alumnus (under-graduate & post-graduate) of Christian Medical College - Vellore, a 3 year stint in Australia,
and an assistant professor at Nizam's - Hyderabad prior to joining Axon; education is my passion. At Axon, I head the pain education programme for patients,
which is unique to South Asia. In addition, we offer pain fellowship for doctors from around the country and beyond, with a vision of creating clinician
leaders. I am a Rotarian who enjoys nature trails and reading.